EU Brexit for Expats - No Change Today Though the Love Has gone Away
EU Brexit for Expats - No Change Today Though the Love Has Gone Away
Sam Orgill ProACT PArtnership Expatriate Advice on What is the Same Today
If we look back 100 years, the Austro-Hungarian Empire still existed, and a Tsar was Empire of Russia. Before 1908 you got on your horse, there were no motor cars for the masses, this modern necessity only arrived with the Ford model T introduced that year. Powered flight started in this period. Freedom of movement meant that people were no longer tied to live and work within walking distance. Much has changed over the last 100 years in security, trade, lifestyle and politics. We are still here, and better off.
The rules will change for the UK and EU whether Brexit Lite or Brexit Full emerges in the coming years. What we know today is:
1. Nothing changes today for Expats Living and Working Abroad – in the UK or in the EU.
2. UK is legally bound within the EU law, these will protect the rights of expats
3. Change is inevitable for EU Expats whatever happens. More counties could join. Treaties could change again. Maybe to accommodate the EU Brexit ?
4. Look at Expats living and working abroad outside the EU, these communities are thriving but with different rules. The world of Expats doesn’t need the EU. Nothing changes for non EU expats.
5. British Expats Living and Working Abroad in the EU may consider or be better served by returning to the UK. Some will be unaffected.
6. Global trade and tax rules will still allow ATM’s, Bank Transfers, Double Taxation Treaties, pensions and overseas property ownership to continue. Cyprus and other countries will continue to welcome EU and non EU business investment and tourism.
ProACT Partnership Expat Experts have launched a series of emails for the coming months to follow the latest developments and implications for Expats Living and Working Abroad or investing in overseas property. Follow us on blogs and social media
Alternatively we continue to offer a free review for expats.
Register for Up - Contact Us for Free Review
Share this email with a friend for them to register their interest in EU Brexit for Expats
Read the Full Article EU Brexit for Expats
Further Updates can be viewed at ProACT Expat Expert Blog - Click Here
Follow is on Facebook ProACT Expatriate Tax
ProACT Partnership Expat Experts will keep you informed.
We offer a Free Review on issues arising from this article CONTACT US
Along with other articles for Expats Living and Working Abroad.
If the article is helpful, please read more at www.proactpartnership.com/blog
ProACT Partnership Expatriate Advice Tax Saving Expat Experts